About Employ Up
Employ Up is the most comprehensive no-cost job training and placement program for Central Indiana residents.
Tailored specifically for those seeking a higher wage, more fulfilling career or those who have been out of work for 6 months or longer, Employ Up provides free career prep, job search & interview training, along with job placement support and direct access to high-tech companies that are hiring new talent.
We’ve helped hundreds prepare for careers in two of Central Indiana’s largest and fastest-growing industries – healthcare and technology. Residents who have successfully completed the Employ Up program earn an average of nearly $60,000/year and enjoy the benefits of mid- to executive-level positions with plenty of room for professional growth.
Employ Up is funded through an $8.3 million grant from the U.S. Department of Labor to equip participants with the in-demand skills, tools and connections needed to succeed in a rewarding career.
Employ Up could be your answer to a new career. Services include – but are not limited to:
- Free one-on-one career coaching: Our career coaches help you map your path to employment. They advise and assist you – even cheer for you – every step of the way.
- Free immersive Career Prep course: This intensive course gives you the tools to bolster your self-confidence, organize your job search, and market yourself to prospective employers.
- Free skills training: Our talent development partners deliver training and education programs that can lead to specialized degrees and/or industry-recognized credentials.
- Paid, work-based learning experience: That’s right. Employ Up pays you to work and learn on the job with select employers through paid internship opportunities, paid work experience, or paid on-the-job training.
- Free job placement assistance: Our experts serve as your advocate and help open doors to employers who are looking for people just like you.
30 percent of participants in the program will enter training.